Triple P Ontario
Parenting is very rewarding and enjoyable. It is also often challenging, frustrating and exhausting. Parents have the important role of raising the next generation, yet most people begin parenting not prepared for what lies ahead. There is no "right" way of raising healthy, well adjusted children.
It is up to you as a parent to decide which values, skills, and behaviours you want to encourage in your child and to develop your own approach to dealing with your child's behaviour.
Triple P is helpful for many parents, making parenting easier and more enjoyable.
Whether you want a quick tip on how to handle a specific problem, or you want some ideas on how to promote your child's development, or you have more complex family issues, a Triple P trained practitioner in your community can tailor Triple P to suit your needs.
Choose from Triple P Quick Help and Tip Sheets, Seminars for parents
of children and parents of teens, Group Courses, or Individual Triple
Depending on what you choose, you can expect suggestions and ideas to help you:
- Build a positive relationship with your children
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Teach children new skills
- Set rules and give instructions that your children will follow
- Respond to misbehaviour immediately, consistently and decisively
- Use discipline strategies that work
- Take care of yourself as a parent
Individual Triple P
sessions with a professional practitioner covering the same skills
worked on in the Groups but with a more individualized and in-depth
- If you want intensive coaching in positive parenting skills to help with aggressive or defiant child behaviour.
Matt Sander's presentation from Knowledge Exchange 2012
SHARE YOUR STORY
Got a great story about how Triple P has helped you? Send it our way so we can share your story...